Friday, March 5, 2010

Totem Lake Fred Meyer - Kroger - I-wireless unfair policies and deceptive marketing.

(OPINION)

Never posted online about a consumer issue until now: Just got back from vacation.... Find that new cell plan via Fred Meyer drops out on calls to parents in OR, best friend 20 min away, and even local Fred Meyer store! Calls drop!! Totem Lake, WA Fred Meyer manager says if customer has used ph more than 10 min, there is no refund/ no return. I was in Packwood, WA for first 3-days!

1) The other day, the auto-dial to hear voicemail dropped. Was not able to hear voice mail, although I am prompted to listen to it!

2) No response from Fred Meyer… so I purchase a ph and plan via Target. Samsung cell and AT&T “GO Phone.” In order to activate the ph, customer must call in from another ph… so I use the I-wireless ph. I am talking to the AT&T rep and we are getting somewhere, then the ph line drops. Wow.

3) How is anyone supposed to evaluate an entire cell network using only 10 minutes of ph time?

If a customer is aware that reception is good / bad with specific carriers, that won’t help. Take a close look at the package and fine print… no information about carrier. It’s not there.

(Maybe because it is Sprint?)

If you ask a Fred Meyer employee which carrier Kroger affiliated I-wireless uses, they do not know.

I go to Iwireless.com and see a T-Mobil icon at the VERY TOP OF MAIN PAGE. They really thought this one out. They got me!

I know that T-mobil service is good in this area. I know Sprint is unusable in this area.

Anyway, I buy the I-wireless cell / plan. After I have made the purchase and realize it sucks, I speak with the manager (after first call drops) and he says, “Oh yeah, I-wireless is Sprint.”

Where do customers needs come into this program? Who thought this plan up? Who is the buyer at Kroger who decided this will make the company money AND provide honest service to Kroger / Fred Meyer customers?

Long time Fred Meyer fan…. This is similar to bait and switch. This is clearly a case of unfair policies and deceptive marketing.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, this is Kelly, from i-wireless. I'm sorry to read about your experience with our product. If you visit our website, www.iwirelesshome.com, you can find our coverage map, plan options, FAQs, and more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Their customer service is like talking to a bag of rocks. All I got was "I don't know why" and "That's what my manager said". The I-wireless policy regarding your expiration date on your prepaid airtime is to subtract any time you have left when you add additional airtime. Any unused minutes will roll over but not expiration time forcing you to either use them or let them pile up.

    I contacted I-wireless regarding this and they politely explained to me that this information is on the back of airtime cards. They could not however explain to me why this information is not disclosed before or during the purchase of the phone or the service. An airtime card is not required when the initial purchase is transacted. This information is purposely withheld and you do not find out until you have already purchased their phone, which can't be used with any other service, and activated their service, which lures you in with free minutes to get started.

    In my opinion, the act of purposely not disclosing this information prior to the purchase is perpetrating fraud upon the consumer.

    ReplyDelete